About our Client:
Curran & Briggs Limited is a major road construction company in PEI with roots dating back over 100 years. While their headquarters is situated in Summerside, the company engages in projects Island-wide. They specialize in professional road building, asphalt paving for both commercial and residential properties, site services, installation of water and sewer services, heavy equipment rentals and the sale of various gravel and aggregate products.
The Accounts Payable Administrator will be responsible for the organization and management of the company’s payable accounting system. This role will require knowledge and experience within the accounting environment, as well as motivation and independence when completing daily tasks.
General duties of this position would include:
- Open, distribute and control of incoming mail while ensuring purchases approval before input
- Matching purchase orders with receiving reports
- Administering and organizing invoices as necessary
- Inputting purchase invoices into company payable system
- Reconciliation to vendor statements as necessary
- Performing vendor payment runs
- Assisting with office visitors
- Answering phone calls and Email inquiries throughout operations
- Maintaining a professional and welcoming demeanour
- Organizing and managing accounts
- Learning and applying general accounts receivable functions
- Communicating with management and customers professionally
- Effectively communicating with other staff and management as needed
- Keeping an organized workspace throughout daily operations
- General office administration duties
Day-to-Day duties of this position would include:
- Developing positive working relationships
- Assisting staff members where required with additional tasks and/or accounting assistance
- Ensuring to be proactive during daily operations
- Providing customers with accurate information
Requirements for this position would include:
- Adequate experience in the field of business, accounting and/or accounts payable (2 years minimum)
- Experience with Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel etc.
- Ability to work professionally in an office environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate professionally over the phone, via Email etc.
- Strong typing and computer efficiency
- A basic knowledge of accounting debits and credits is a minimum expectation
The following attributes will be considered strong assets
- Proficiency with accounting software such as Sage 50 Accounting or QuickBooks
- Post-Secondary education within the field of accounting or business administration
- Additional professional certifications
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Interpersonal skills and abilities required for this position would include:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively communicate with strong writing, presentation and listening skills
- Driven and motivated
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to be personally accountable for actions
- Ability to make rational and accountable decisions
- Friendly, welcoming demeanour
- Full time, permanent
- Working hours: 35-40 hours per week
- Location: Summerside, PE
- Wage range will be starting at $17.00 -$20.00 per hour, depending on experience
- Increments will be considered with this role, depending on performance and when specific system knowledge is gained
- Benefit package: Corporate individual RRSP and group insurance plan will be available after probation period.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration.
For any questions or inquiries about this position, please call 902-367-3799. We thank all who apply, but only those accepted for interviews will be contacted.