About our Client:
Curran & Briggs Limited is a major road construction company in PEI with roots dating back over 100 years. While their headquarters is situated in Summerside, the company engages in projects Island-wide. They specialize in professional road building, asphalt paving for both commercial and residential properties, site services, installation of water and sewer services, heavy equipment rentals and the sale of various gravel and aggregate products.
Curran & Briggs Limited is searching for a motivated and driven candidate who can take initiative and pride in their work. This position will be best suited for an individual who has experience in general accounts receivable activities, as well as an ability to provide a professional front-face for their office. This role will not only be involved in various administration duties, but will also be the company’s first line of communication for customers coming through their doors and inquiring by phone.
General duties of this position would include:
- Front-desk responsibilities including:
- Answering the phone in a professional and courteous manner
- Responding to Email inquiries
- Greeting customers
- Taking payments from customers and clients/handling cash transactions
- Providing a friendly demeanour for incoming clients and customers
- Organizing and managing customer files and online databases
- Typing customer invoices
- Communicating with customers daily and providing professional customer service
- Monitoring timely payments and tracking of overdue accounts
- Effectively communicating with office staff and management as needed
- Sending monthly statements
- Preparing deposits
- Posting cash receipts
- Keeping an organized work space throughout daily operations
- Assisting and/or forwarding customer inquiries to the appropriate staff member
Day-to-Day duties of this position would include:
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Assisting staff members where required with additional tasks
- Learning how to provide customers with basic product pricing, over time
Requirements for this position would include:
- Adequate experience in the field of business, accounting and/or accounts receivable (2 years minimum)
- Understanding and knowledge of reception, accounts receivable, and administration activities
- Experience with Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel etc.
- Ability to work professionally in an office environment
- Ability to communicate professionally over the phone, via Email etc.
- Strong typing and computer efficiency
- A basic knowledge of accounting debits and credits would be a minimum expectation
The following attributes will be considered strong assets:
- Proficiency with accounting software such as Sage 50 Accounting or QuickBooks
- Post-Secondary education within the field of accounting or business administration
- Additional professional certifications
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Interpersonal skills and abilities required for this position would include:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with strong writing, presentation and listening skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Driven and motivated
- Ability to be personally accountable for actions
- Ability to make rational and accountable decisions
- Friendly, welcoming demeanour
- Full-time, permanent
- Working hours: 35-40 hours per week
- Location: Summerside, PE
- Wage range will be starting at $17.00 -$20.00 per hour, depending on experience.
- Increments will be considered with this role, depending on performance and when specific system knowledge is gained.
- Benefit package: Corporate individual RRSP and group insurance plan will be available after probation period.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
For any questions or inquiries about this position, please call 902-367-3799. We thank all who apply, but only those accepted for interviews will be contacted.