December 3rd, 2021
Seeking full-time permanent or locum anesthetists for a leading healthcare provider in Atlantic Canada to provide full-scope practice of anesthesiology!
Anesthetists are responsible for the care of patients before, during and after surgical operations, labour and delivery, and certain interventional procedures.
Candidates may choose between a salary, contract for service or a fee-for-service payment.
Salary ranges from $208,000 annually + benefits to $ 240,000 annually + benefits and contract for service payment ranges from $ 220,000 annually to $ 260,000 annually. Full-time for a salaried specialist is 37.5 hours per week minimum, while full-time contract-for-service is based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
Incentives & Benefits
Qualified and licensable candidates may be eligible for a return in service grant of $80,000 (with a 4 year commitment)!
- Relocation expenses up to $10,000 available for full time positions.
- Opportunity to teach in the Regional Residency Training Program with faculty appointment.
- Electronic patient record system with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Permanent candidates qualify for dental care, extended healthcare, and vision care.
- Lucrative incentives for locum physicians are available.
Qualifications & Certifications
FRCPC or eligibility for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Eligibility for licensure with the Local College of the Regional Healthcare Provider.
- Appointment to the Regional Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
- US and eligible international boards are acceptable.
- Work experience or references within the field is considered an asset.
General duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Administering pain relief before, during, and after medical procedures.
- Monitoring patients’ vital signs during procedures.
- Supervising anesthesia assistants and certified registered nurse anesthetists.
- Approving general, sedative, regional, or local anesthetics.
- Reviewing medical files and lab results.
- Informing patients of risks associated with anesthesia.
- Complying with medical and hospital procedure policy.
Please, contact Island Recruiting by sending resumes to hire@islandrecruiting.