The Mount Continuing Care Community is recruiting Assistant Administrator – Registered Nurse.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Assistant Administrator will assist with the authority, responsibility, and accountability for the operations of The Mount. The Assistant Administrator will assist with coordinating, developing, and evaluating programs and policy initiatives to ensure effective resident care and management of staff.
As a valued member of The Mount Continuing Care Community team, the Assistant Administrator must demonstrate a commitment to safety by providing quality care that is in accordance with the organizations mission, values, policies, procedures, and any applicable legislation or Board requirements.
General duties of this position would include:
- Develops, maintains, and implements policies that are in accordance with current standards of practice, facility operational policies, while maintaining compliance with provincial and federal regulations.
- Promotes effective communication to staff, residents, and community about the programs and services offered, as well as the organizations goals and objectives.
- Provides useful developmental feedback, and develops a plan with employees to address staff performance and resolve issues.
- Supervises and plans for the efficient use of facility supplies, medication, equipment and staff.
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics.
- Participates in all admissions decisions and consults with residents and families through the resident care planning process.
- Holds management meetings to discuss a status, department personnel, and any resident concerns or, and other operational aspects as seen necessary.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and issues within the health care field, and management domain and recommends changes in policies and procedures, equipment, and programs/services based on this knowledge.
- Supports an environment which avoids, prevents and corrects all activities or actions which may lead to an unsafe or adverse situation.
- Ensure risk management activities take place to reduce and control potential or actual risks to the safety, security and health of all individuals and to the safety and security of the facility.
- Meet all required standards of resident confidentiality and privacy.
- Responds to and adequately resolves incidents, complaints, or concerns from residents, families, staff or visitors.
- Assume responsibility of the nursing home operation in the absence of the Director of Nursing and/or administrator (as per regulations, formally delegate duties if gone for more than four weeks)
- Provide training, orientation, staff development and education.
- Collaborate with members of an interdisciplinary health team to plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate resident care in consultation with residents and their families.
- Assist with human resources in recruitment and retention of staff.
- Assume the role of the Registered Nurse Supervisor to assist with shift coverage.
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge of healthcare and medical environments.
- Working knowledge of long-term care standards and regulations.
- Working knowledge of community care standards and regulations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to function independently, have flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with residents, staff, families, and other departments.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated managerial experience in health care setting including but not limited to, leadership, strategic planning, financial management, and human resources.
- Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the mission, vision, and core values of the organization.
- Committed to the continuous development and education of staff and self.
- Committed to the highest standards of personal and professional conduct, integrity, and codes of ethics.
- Knowledge of financing and accounting skills to maintain health care department budget.
- Excellent computer knowledge.
- Completion of a university, college or other recognized Registered Nursing program.
- Current registration with the Association of Registered Nurses of PEI.
- Ability to work as a team member and ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Experience in Nursing with an emphasis on developing educational training programs.
- The schedule is based on the Administrator’s schedule. This includes coverage of days, evenings, and some weekends and holidays.
- Coverage of RN shifts means that the Assistant Administrator may work 4 to 12 hour shifts as needed, including days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Position available: Permanent (80-100%, FTE is open to discussion)
Salary Range: $75,000-$82,000 for 100%, salary to be prorated based on FTE.
How to Apply:
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to Anne at Island Recruiting at Anne@Confederation.com.
** Include the job title in your Email subject line
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for the interviewing process will be contacted.