Our client is looking for full-time Nursing Aid to join their team. At their long-term residence, the nursing aid helps to fulfill the care requirements of their patients throughout daily operations. Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the successful candidate will work within their entire scope of practice. The nursing aid will be fully accountable for ensuring that the utmost in competent care and safety is consistently delivered to all residents. This opportunity awaits a motivated and ambitious professional, with assisted living experience being a strong asset.
General duties of this position would include:
- Provide bedside care
- Assist with resident comfort
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses only with appropriate personnel
- Provide residents with nursing assistant care
- Responsible for completing records on resident admission, transfer and discharge forms
- Observe and monitor residents and their environments and report unsafe condition and behavioral, physical and cognitive changes to supervisor.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living such as feeding, lifts, transfers, bathing, skin care, oral
hygiene and toileting
Day-to-Day duties of this position would include:
- Assist residents in addressing everyday personal needs such as toileting, bathing and grooming
- Communicate changes to resident’s health, needs and/or living conditions
- Respect the residents’ confidentiality and privacy
- Promote a positive, friendly, safe, and healthy environment for all staff and residents
- Provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling and health teaching
- Provide care according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Residential Care Worker.
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial licensing body
- Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated
- Promote healthy living including physical and mental activity, healthy eating and resident engagement
- Observe and document client conditions and changes following proper standards and in accordance with professional standards
Requirements for this position would include:
- Experience with Alzheimer’s and other related Dementias an asset
- Demonstrated clinical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Exceptional staff training and customer service skills
- Compassionate and friendly demeanour
- A strong commitment to ongoing professional development
- Up to date immunizations and TB testing
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
**Please Note: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information. **
Other abilities considered an asset:
- Further/other education or certificates
- Community involvement
Successful applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
This position is set to start in the Spring of 2020.
The successful applicant for this position would be expected to receive an hourly wage ranging between $12.00-$18.00 per hour. The successful applicant must be available to work evening and weekend shifts. Wage range will be determined based on experience and educational qualifications.