December 3rd, 2021
Seeking full-time permanent caregivers for a leading healthcare provider in Atlantic Canada!
Caregivers are responsible for providing care to patients and helping them with daily activities. They perform basic health care duties and assistance, under the supervision of a nurse.
Hours & Remuneration
- Applicants must be willing to work 75 hours bi-weekly, 8 or 12 hour-days, evenings, and weekend shifts.
- Salary ranges from $15.00 – $23.00 hourly depending on experience with full-time hours per week.
Qualifications & Certifications
- Graduate of a recognized Caregiver course/recognized school of nursing with current certification.
- Proof of education & training certifications.
- Proof of any additional required qualification.
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body.
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation.
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check prior to beginning employment.
- Experience in long term care is preferred, however general hospital/healthcare experience and references are considered an asset.
General duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Provide bedside care.
- Assist with resident comfort.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses only with appropriate personnel.
- Provide residents with nursing assistant care.
- Responsible for completing records on resident admission, transfer and discharge forms.
- Observe and monitor residents and their environments and report unsafe condition and behavioral, physical and cognitive changes to supervisor.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living such as feeding, lifts, transfers, bathing, skin care, oral
- hygiene and toileting.
Please, contact Island Recruiting by sending resumes to hire@islandrecruiting.