Salary Range: Based on Qualifications and Experience
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Term: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Greater Charlottetown Area
Our client is actively seeking a CPA to join their growing team. This position will be responsible for a multitude of accounting functions supporting the accounting firm and its clients.
The CPA will assist this accounting firm in planning, preparing and executing services for clients.
Requirements and Attributes:
- 2 + years as a Chartered Professional Accountant in a public firm
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline
- Highly developed leadership and interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience with oversight or management of small to medium sized businesses
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, work independently and exercise professional discretion
- Experience with Caseware
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Preparation of assurance engagements, both audit and review
- Year-end working paper files and financial statements
- Preparation and review of compilation financial statements
- Preparation of corporate and personal income tax returns
- Preparation of financial projections and business plans
- Create and analyze financial reports
- Preparation of external filings (HST, assistance claims)
- Provide business development and client management
- Other functions as required
- Timelines are based on client deadlines, time management is key
- Professional communication with staff and clients
- Confidentiality with respect to client information
What They Offer:
Our client is a growing accounting and advisory firm that provides a full range of accounting, tax and business advisory services to individuals and companies in all business sectors. The firm offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and a flexible work environment. You will have the opportunity to work for a locally owned and managed company that values their employees and community.
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
We thank all who apply, but only those accepted for interviews will be contacted.