Child Protection Social Worker
Are you seeking to make a meaningful impact in the lives of children and families?
Island Recruiting is seeking innovative and passionate individuals with a “How Can I Help?” heart to join Prince Edward Island’s (PEI’s) Department of Social Development and Seniors.
The child protection social worker will provide protection for children as defined by the Child Protection Act and will be responsible for handling different services as designed by the department to help families and children through various hardships and difficulties.
lengthily Locations: Charlottetown, Summerside, Montague, O’Leary, and Souris
Available Vacancies: 10
Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Receiving child protection reports and conducting child protection investigations to determine if a child is in need of protection in accordance with the Child Protection Act;
- Preparing cases for legal interventions;
- Conducting home visits and interview family members and children to assess living conditions;
- Assisting the police with investigations in matters of physical and sexual abuse of children;
- Researching and presenting information including data to aid Child Protection Investigations;
- Developing clinical assessments, counselling, and service plans to ensure children’s safety and reduce child risk of harm.
- Providing direct service and support to children and families;
- Collaborating with service providers and community partners to develop and enhance clients’ resources;
- Documenting all relevant information and completing forms related to casework;
- Promoting programs and services offered to victims of physical and sexual abuse;
- Arranging and attending medical examination(s) for children involved in abuse investigations;
- Participating in campaigns to raise community awareness of the nature, consequences, and other concerns relevant to sexual violence;
- Managing cases and multiple projects in parallel; while
- Carrying other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Social Work from a recognized university;
- Must be eligible for registration with the PEI Social Work Registration Board and for delegation under the PEI Child Protection Act.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of child development, as well as the impact of abuse and neglect on the child and family;
- Excellent skills and knowledge in clinical assessment, counselling, and crisis intervention;
- Competent computer skills including but not limited to a comprehension of file sharing, email, and the navigation of websites and the internet;
- A valid PEI driver’s license and daily access to a vehicle are required; and
- Flexible to work after-hours emergencies and weekend if required.
- Hours: 37.5 hours a week (Monday – Friday)
- Proficiency in the French Language is considered an asset.
- Child Protection Social Worker Level 17 A – $32.31 – $40.38
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Vacation:– first 6 years with the organization: 15 days; – after reaching 6 and to 15 years: 20 days; – after reaching 15 years to 26 years: 25 days; – after 26 years: 30 days.
- Sick Leave: 15 paid sick days per year, could be accumulated and carried forward up to a max of 215 days.
- Additional paid special leave under certain conditions (compassionate, family medical leave, etc.)
- Pension Contribution
NOTE: Relocation Assistance may be available.
To apply: email@example.com
Only Qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you.