Island Recruiting is seeking Concrete Finisher candidates to join Keddy Quality Foundations located near the Greenwood region of Nova Scotia. Our client takes pride in their continual commitment and delivery of high-quality concrete foundations, solutions, and products. Successful candidates will join a dedicated and collaborative operations team to perform emergency, demolition, and reconstruction work. The candidate will be working with a variety of tools, equipment, and machinery. All interested applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply.
General duties of this position include:
- Waterproof, damp proof and restore surfaces.
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures.
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete.
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures.
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement.
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade.
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages.
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings, and specifications.
- Prepare tenders and quotations.
- Operate CADD and other computer software systems.
- Instruct apprentices.
- Estimate costs and materials.
Job requirements for this position include:
- Intermediate English skills.
- Aptitude to balance consistent production with safety as the priority.
- Physical ability to operate/use heavy construction equipment, tools, machinery, and materials that can be 80 lbs or heavier.
- Physical ability to kneel, bend, lift, and perform strenuous tasks with your hands.
- 3-6 months of construction or concrete labour experience would be considered an asset.
- A valid driver’s license is an considered an asset.
- Must provide a Criminal Records Check prior to beginning employment.
Interpersonal skills and abilities required for this position include:
- Ability to work in a physically demanding, fast-paced, high-energy environment both at heights and on the ground.
- Ability to take initiative and to learn new tasks.
- Ability to listen to directions to ensure that work is completed properly, and safety is maintained.
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with co-workers.
- Ability to extensively follow company and provincial safety policies, protocols, and regulations.
- Positive attitude with a determination to contribute.
- Team player who is dependable, reliable, and punctual.
- Comfortable in a changing work environment that is both indoor and outdoor, subject to all weather conditions.
- Comfortable working in an environment that is often dusty, noisy, and may have potential for danger.
- Willingness to work 8-hour shifts, with the potential of working overtime as required during peak season.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration, with the Job Title as the message subject. For any questions or inquiries about this position, please contact (902) 367-3799.
We thank all who apply, but only those accepted for interviews will be contacted.