Keddy’s Quality Foundation is now looking for Construction Labourers to join their organization, located in Aylesford, Nova Scotia. Successful candidate will join a dedicated Operations Team to perform emergency, demolition, and reconstruction work. The candidate will be working with a variety of supplied tools and equipment. Successful candidates will be expected to perform the physically demanding duties, as well as be able to lift, move, bend and maneuver materials up to 80lbs. Ability to work after hours may be needed. Clean drivers abstract and no criminal record. Previous construction experience is valued.
General duties of this position would include:
- Load and unload construction materials and move materials to work areas
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring, and barricades required at construction site
- Mix, pour and spread concrete
- Assist tradesperson in construction activities
- Assist heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment, etc.
- Operate tools such as compactors, concrete vibrators, circular saws, concrete saws, sledgehammer, jackhammers, and drills in a safe and proper manner (according to safety policies)
- Perform other activities at construction site, as directed.
Requirements for this position would include:
- Intermediate English skills
- Safety shoes and rubber boots, tool belt, tape, hammer, etc.
- Ability to learn and follow our extensive safety policy
- Previous construction experience is an asset
- Drivers license is an asset
Interpersonal skills and abilities required for this position would include:
- Must be a team player who is dependable, reliable, and punctual.
- Ability to take initiative and to learn.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding, fast-paced, high energy environment both on the roof and on the ground.
- Weight handling can be over 80 lbs.
- On site work environment is outdoors and subjected to all weather conditions.
- Keddy’s Quality Foundations
- Start Date: ASAP
- Full-Time, Permanent
- Number of positions: 3
- Salary Rate: $16.25 per hour
- Hours: 37.5-40 hours per week
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration.