Our client is looking for an Dietary Cook for their Senior Care Facility.
Are you are energized by food and by finding creative ways to improve our resident’s health through nutrition? Are you are eager to work in a supportive environment where we take care not only of our residents but each other. Most of all, are you are excited about the opportunity to make a true difference in the lives of seniors?
Our client values their staff and is passionate about creating communities for seniors that celebrate their lives and enrich their spirits. They believe it takes every single one of their community – residents, their family and friends, and their team – to create a joyful and vibrant community!
• Ensure all menu items are prepared and served according to approved menu and departmental policies and procedures.
• Assure that the presentation of all menu items are served in the proper portion size and at the proper temperature standards.
• adhere to established standards.
• Prepare meals based on nutritional programs and individual plans.
• Ensure the quality of meals in regards to taste, presentation and dietary requirements established by Support Services Manager.
• Assists in the ordering of supplies and inventory control processes
• Ensure quality and safety of food by performing standard and any additional sanitary measures including sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering and
storage of food items according to standards and procedures.
• Work at efficient and consistent pace.
• Ensure timely preparation of all meals.
• Ensure that each resident receives meals corresponding to their dietary requirements.
• Ensure that the correct quantities are prepared to meet daily needs.
• Utilize kitchen equipment during food preparation.
• Stay productive at all times and prepare for future needs as time allows.
• Demonstrate flexibility and volunteer to fill open shifts as required by variations in staffing.
• Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention.
• Adhere to all regulations including infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety.
• Report any infraction in the food services department policies and procedures.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Minimum 1 year of cooking experience required.
• Working experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
• Effective communication skills.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Highly effective teamwork skills.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc.,
• Interacts with residents, family members, staff, visitors, government agencies/personnel under all circumstances, which may be traumatic situations.
• Overtime is required.
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com and specify Dietary Cook in the subject line. We thank you for your interest in this position.