Director of Child Protection Services
Are you seeking to make a meaningful impact in the lives of others? Do you have a passion for protecting children and a commitment to making a measurable difference in their lives? If so, this may be the perfect opportunity for you. grouchily Island Recruiting is seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Child Protection Services to join our client, the Prince Edward Island (PEI) Department of Social Development and Housing.
glossily The Role: This executive position is responsible for planning, monitoring, and directing programs and services for families and children through the support of the PEI Child Protection Act. You will lead and manage a team of professionals dedicated to ensuring the safety of children and families under the care of the Director. The Director oversees child protection services and supports the direction of government policy/procedures by providing expert guidance that ensures the best possible outcomes for children and their families. You will provide active management and support to your team of internal staff, peers at provincial management, and related governmental departments, with the child’s best interest as a top consideration. The Director of Child Protection Services reports to the Director of Child and Family Services in the Department of Social Development and Housing.
Aurogra 1mg tablets express shipping The Mandate: Working closely with the Director of Child and Family Services, you will:
- Oversee the delivery of child protection services in PEI and ensure a high standard of child protection service delivery to children and families;
- Define and develop policy and practice standards for Child Protection Services;
- Provide direction, motivation, support, and a healthy and safe work environment for staff;
- Advise the Minister, Deputy Minister, and Director of Child and Family Services on matters pertaining to child protection services and provide briefing notes as required.
- Responsible for capital planning and fiscal management processes for Child Protection Services;
- Collaborate with other departments and organizations when child well-being policies crossover;
- Act as a Guardian of Children in Care and advocate for them by representing their needs to government, service providers and court;
- Ensure proper oversight of the Provincial/Territorial Agreement on Children, Youth and Families Moving between Provinces and Territories;
- Oversee/lead specific administrative functions assigned only to the Director of Child Protection services and other duties as required;
- Exhibit interpersonal, leadership and strong collaborative skills and excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to make difficult decisions with systemic implications and to manage and organize significant competing demands;
- Display effective computer skills, including word processing, Office 365, Integrated Service Management (ISM) system.
The incumbent will also advise and work collaboratively with the Office of the Child and Youth Advocate (OCYA) to ensure programs and services are administered in compliance with the PEI OCYA Act. The incumbent will seek input, guidance, and support from OCYA on matters related to the child/youth. The department’s aim is to encourage the development of an innovative, diverse, and inclusive workforce, enabling the organization to realize its diversity and inclusion goals as outlined in the Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2022 – 2025.
http://preferredmode.com/tag/style-blog/ The Ideal Candidate: As the Director of Child Protection Services, you must have a strong background in social work and child welfare, with a commitment to protecting the rights and safety of children. You are a confident leader with experience in developing and managing programs and services that promote the well-being of children, as well as a deep understanding of the legal and policy frameworks that govern child protection services. You are skilled in building strong relationships through your excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Your ability to connect and collaborate with stakeholders, including government agencies, community organizations and families, inspires and motivates your staff and colleagues. Your ability to manage a large and complex organization is driven by your commitment to making a positive difference in your field. Ideally, candidates possess a master’s or bachelor’s in social work. If you are ready to advance your career and make a positive contribution to the entire province of PEI, a community of social workers and society at large, this is a rewarding role where you can make a difference.
- Must have a Master of Social Work Degree supplemented with considerable clinical experience in Child Protection Services OR a Bachelor of Social Work Degree, supplemented with extensive clinical experience in Child Protection Services along with progressive management experience.
- Sound understanding of relevant legislative frameworks and policies of the Mi’kmaq Confederacy of PEI and Federal legislation surrounding child welfare; or commitment to become versed in legislation.
- Extensive management and leadership experience regarding program/policy implementation and development, staff supervision, and service delivery.
Prior to Starting:
- Must be eligible for registration with the PEI Social Work Registration Board and delegation under the PEI Child Protection Act.
- Must have a(n): o Valid driver’s license
- Good previous work and attendance record
- Acceptable criminal record and vulnerable sector record check
- Acceptable child protection record check.
- Annual Salary Range – $88,803 – $110,975
- Vacation – Four weeks paid vacation (first 6 years).
- Sick Leave – 18 paid sick days per year.
- Group Insurance Benefits – Standard provincial government benefits package, paid for by the employer.
- Pension – Mandatory contribution by employee; matched by the employer.
Regional Incentive: PEI is a welcoming and quiet province with rich historical significance as the birthplace of Confederation. Located on the east coast of Canada, the coastline beaches and world-renowned seafood are a main draw for many. The primary industries are agriculture, fishing, tourism, bioscience, and information technology. PEI is a casual environment, and the perfect location to raise a family or wind down one’s professional career contributions.
How to Apply: If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com Be sure to include the job title in your subject line; we look forward to hearing from you! We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. In addition, all candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply.
Confederation Group has built a professional organization specializing in human resource consulting, and recruitment services for organizations, public sector and private sector businesses.