order Lyrica online usa Description
The Director of Nursing assumes authority, responsibility, and accountability for the delivery of nursing services in the facility. In collaboration with the management team, the director of nursing will coordinate, develop, and evaluate programs and policy initiatives to ensure effective resident care and management of staff. They will act as a liaison between other departments to ensure that there is effective communication in the planning of quality resident care.
The director of nursing must demonstrate a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care that is in accordance with the organization’s mission, values, policies, procedures, and any applicable legislation or Board requirements.
Ozersk Requirements for this position would include:
- Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree in nursing from a recognized University
- Minimum of five years of Supervisory or Director of Nursing experience in long-term care
- Registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island
- Valid first aid and CPR
- Criminal record check
- Vaccination and inoculation required
- Some travel may be required
General duties of this position would include:
- Supervises: Registered Nurses (RN), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Resident Care Workers (RCW), Personal Care Attendants
- Develops, maintains, and implements nursing policies that are in accordance with current standards of nursing practice, facility operational policies, while maintaining compliance with provincial and federal regulations.
- Promotes effective communication to staff, residents, and the community about programs and services offered, as well as the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Assumes responsibility for the selection of nursing care staff with the authority to hire, evaluate, or terminate as necessary.
- Provides useful developmental feedback, and develops a plan with employees to address staff performance and resolve issues.
- Supervises and plans for the efficient use of facility supplies, medication, equipment, and staff within the nursing department’s budget.
- Participates in management meetings to discuss a residence status, department personnel, and any resident concerns or, and other operational aspects as seen necessary.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and issues within the health care field, and management domain and recommends changes in policies and procedures, equipment, and programs/services based on this knowledge.
- Ensure risk management activities take place to reduce and control potential or actual risks to the safety, security, and health of all individuals and to the safety and security of the facility.
- Meet all required standards of resident confidentiality and privacy
Day-to-day duties for this position would include:
- Provides direction and support to staff in their daily physical, psychological, and social care of residents.
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, etc. for both residents and department personnel.
- Participates in all admissions decisions and consults with residents and families through the resident care planning process.
- Supports an environment that avoids, prevents, and corrects all activities or actions which may lead to an unsafe or adverse situation.
- Responds to and adequately resolves incidents, complaints, or concerns from residents or families about health care services, in accordance with legislation and standards.
- Works with all physicians and in accordance with physician’s instructions administers the necessary orders and treatment.
- Must have transfer, lifting, and repositioning (TLR) training and be able to provide support and educate health care staff in TLR.
- Maintain and update the resident’s electronic medical records.
- Designs schedules that ensure the required number, distribution, and qualifications of staff for 24-hour care
Interpersonal skills and abilities required for this position would include:
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Good physical and mental health to meet the high demands of the position
- Must be available to report to the facility in the event of an emergency situation
- Ability to apply physical care to patients including to transfer, reposition, and lift residents as needed
- Must be able to bend, squat, sit, kneel, twist, reach, crouch, and turn
- Must be able to stand for an extended period of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate with strong writing, presentation, and listening skills that promote understanding and clarity in a respectful manner
- Good personal mastery and performance as a team player, with proven ability to role model the behaviours associated with a constructive culture and a commitment to health, wellness, and safety
- Strong organizational behaviour and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to function effectively in a diverse and fast-paced work environment with challenging and often competing priorities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills
- Confidence in the leadership role and in decision-making
- Ability to be responsible and organized throughout all aspects of performance
- Ability to be personally accountable for actions
- Ability to work with others at a professional level
- Commitment to organizational goals
- Emotional intelligence
- Ability to make rational and accountable decisions
Other abilities considered an asset:
- Further/other education or certificates
- Community involvement
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can Email their Resume and Cover Letter to Kalie@islandrecruiting.com. Please include the job title in your subject line and we look forward to hearing from you. For further information, please call 902-367-3797.
We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.