Experienced Baker -Specialty French baking techniques
The successful candidate will be in charge of maintaining the standard of service and production of the bakery, handle special orders and will be required to work off site when catering events are taking place. Being a good leader who can assign tasks, hire the right people and motivate associates in this high stress environment is the foundation to a successful career in this position.
Beside leadership skills the candidate will need to possess excellent time management aptitude to ensure the production and timing of the daily inventory of baked goods.
In charge of inventory and cost control, the candidate will need to maintain profitability and minimize loss on a daily basis. This will require tracking of employee hours, products sold and light understanding and maintenance of existing equipment.
The position will require the candidate to handle purchases for the bakery several times each week (includes both delivered and market purchases) along with accurate inventory and drafting shopping lists on a regular basis. The successful candidate will be expected to implement and maintain the current selection of baked goods as well as create new and innovative seasonal desserts.
• Experience in Specialty Bread work and classic French Desserts) is required.
• Create unique baked goods and maintaining quality standard.
• Ensure that the kitchen is clean at all times and meets all local health code requirements
• Understand and manage food cost and labor cost.
• Manage staff and staff morale.
• Train and grow team talent.
• Create show pieces and holiday specials.
• 6 years in Bakery, Food and Beverage or other food service management.
• Must be able to provide a portfolio of creative work for consideration, PLEASE SEND PICTURES OF YOUR WORK!
• Strong negotiation and communication skills
• Precise eye for detail
• Technical degree in Baking is required
• Excellent organizational skills and financial forecasting are required
To apply: Send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line French Baker.