Family Medicine Physician
December 3rd, 2021
Seeking full-time permanent or locum physicians for a leading healthcare provider in Atlantic Canada to provide primary care support! Physicians should offer expert medical care evaluating, treating, and helping prevent illnesses and injuries.
Multiple employment opportunities in urban and rural centers with flexible pay structure options.
Candidates may choose between a salary or a fee-for-service payment. Salary ranges from $160,000 + benefits to $170,000 + benefits based on 37.5 hours per week. Hospital coverage and participation in the on-call schedule may be required.
There are multiple additional income opportunities for physicians as well. Please enquire for more information.
Incentives & Benefits
- Qualified and licensable candidates may be eligible for a up to a maximum of $90,000!
- Relocation expenses up to $10,000 available for full time positions.
- Opportunity to teach in the Regional Residency Training Program with faculty appointment.
- Electronic patient record system with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Permanent candidates qualify for dental care, extended healthcare, and vision care.
- Lucrative incentives for locum physicians are available.
Qualifications & Certifications
- MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as 1- 2 years of clinical experience working in Canada.
- Eligibility for licensure with the Local College of the Regional Healthcare Provider.
- Appointment to the Regional Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
- CCFP physicians will be given priority.
- Work experience or references within the medical field is considered an asset.
General duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assess patient symptoms.
- Diagnose conditions.
- Prescribe and administer treatment.
- Provide follow-up care of patients, refer them to other providers, and interpret their laboratory results.
- Collaborate with physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and other health professionals.
- Prescribe medication.
- Stay current on medical technology and research
Please, contact Island Recruiting by sending resumes to hire@islandrecruiting.