Financial Operations Manager
We are currently seeking for an experienced Financial Operator who would be responsible for the management and supervision of financial affairs within the organization. Our client is a well-known and respected Real Estate organization that has been in business for over 40 years. As a leader in the Real Estate Industry, they are not only a front-runner in sales on Prince Edward Island, but they also provide professional consulting services for appraisals and mortgage brokerage. Our client is searching for a motivated, creative team member who can stay on top of the financial operation of the various companies.
General duties of this position would include:
• Record accounts payable/receivable
• Oversee Independent Contractors/Salespeople accounts
• Oversee operational costs with President
• Assist with year-end financial adjustments in preparation for annual review engagement
• Prepare bank deposits
• Prepare bank and credit card reconciliations
• Prepare General Ledger postings
• Reconcile online banking
• Prepare payroll, Receiver General Deductions/remittances, and HST
• Leading the Financial team of professional and technical staff
• Developing and fostering close working relationships with various external departments and agencies, auditors, bankers, consultants, business groups and community organizations
• Communication and working with the public in a professional and courteous manner
• Providing leadership and positive encouragement throughout the financial department
Day-to-Day duties of this position would include:
• Print and deliver quarterly reports, and reports as needed
• Process, print, and drop off/notifies about cheques or online payments
• Set up pre-authorizations
• Set up accounts for new fiscal years in Simply Accounting and LoneWolf BrokerWolf
• Oversee Trust Account with payments in and transfers out
• Understand and enforce FINTRAC reporting guidelines
• Work with President on monthly reports
• Oversee Conveyance Administrator with sales processing and expense tracking.
Requirements for this position would include:
• Secondary education in Accounting or Bookkeeping training
• A Bachelor of Business Administration, or a similar field of study, would be considered an asset
• 3-5 years of Bookkeeping/Accounting Technician experience
• Experience in Simply Accounting
• A strong commitment to ongoing professional development
• A demonstrated ability in computer proficiency and advanced knowledge in the use of MS Office programs
• Excellent organization, communication and administration skills
Interpersonal skills and abilities required for this position would include:
• Ability to effectively communicate with strong writing, presentation and listening skills that promote understanding and clarity in a respectful manner.
• The ability to think strategically, analytically and capitalize on opportunities beneficial to the companies
• Ability to function effectively in a diverse and fast-paced work environment with challenging and often competing priorities
• The capability to prioritize work, be flexible and meet deadlines competently
• The ability to maintain confidentiality, work independently, and exercise substantial discretion and judgement.
• Confidence in the leadership role and in decision-making
• Commitment to organizational goals
• Ability to make rational and accountable decisions
Other attributes considered an asset:
• Further/other education or certificates
• Experience in volunteering and fundraising
• Community involvement
Salary amount is subject to change depending on qualifications of successful applicant.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and specify the job title in your email subject line.
Thank you to all who apply and those chosen for interview will be contacted.