Full Load/LTL Dispatcher
Island Recruiting is currently searching for 2 (two) experienced and progressive Full Load / LTL Dispatchers to join our growing client in Clyde River, PEI. The dispatcher’s primary role is to execute the daily trucking plan by coordinating and directing company drivers in the geographic lane they are assigned to. The dispatcher is the primary conduit for day to day communications between the company’s fleet of drivers and the various shippers and receivers the company deals with.
• Prioritize drivers’ schedules and dispatch trucks to assigned origin and destination points, utilizing our dispatching software and other technologies;
• Follow up on routing until the shipment arrives at the destination;
• Track and monitor situations by phone and satellite messages and respond to any situations as required to ensure shipments are delivered on time;
• Ensure deliveries are timely, and in case of delays, inform customers and make alternate arrangements; and
• Arrange for necessary repairs in order to restore service and schedules.
Education and experience
• Minimum High school diploma and/or secondary education with a focus on logistics;
• A minimum of 3 Years’ experience in long haul transportation and a minimum 2 years hands on Full Load / LTL experience;
• Knowledge of Hours of Service regulations and ability to incorporate this into his/her daily planning;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Excellent time management;
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
• Superior organizational abilities required;
• Ability to multi-task; and
• Superior problem solving skills.
Please submit your application to email@example.com attention Jenn with Full Load / LTL Dispatcher in the subject line.