Imagine an opportunity to join an established business with a commitment to customer experience, a culture of exceptional service delivery and a clientele who advocate for your success through word of mouth and repeat engagement.
This may be the role for you, if you are seeking a dynamic environment in a year-round tourism and hospitality business where you can apply your skills to improve operations, provide a rewarding work environment and deliver value with every customer experience. An environment where a team work together to achieve results despite the challenges of a busy pace; a diverse business that encompasses several related elements of the food related continuum.
Our client is in search of a General Manager. As the General Manager, you will oversee day-to-day operations of the business. Collaborating with a team of managers your role will ensure the efficient operation of a growing enterprise; managing budgets, overseeing aspects such as HR and service delivery and monitoring profitability to ensure proper business function.
The ideal candidate will have a sincere passion for hospitality and service and a strong commitment to brand management and business growth. We are seeking an ambitious self-starter; someone who will take pride in a family-oriented business and proactively contribute to the corporate mission. Motivating a team of 75 to deliver exceptional customer experiences and supervising managers to meet their objectives. You need to be outgoing, comfortable speaking in front of groups and articulating the corporate brand, vision, and identity in all you do.
- Overseeing daily operations of the business with the goal to exceed budget while preserving profitability and customer experience.
- Executing growth strategies and refining best practices as required.
- Overseeing forecasts and managing budgets to maintain established ratios.
- Working with management to manage expenses.
- Support human resources to screen, hire and onboard new team members.
- Support team achievement, both professionally and personally.
- Work with the ownership team to monitor, refine and improve management strategies.
- Evaluating productivity and performance and implement methods for improvement.
- Creating reports and provide information to stakeholders as required.
- Ensure compliance with all required regulations, including health & safety, remittances, etc.
- Be comfortable with public speaking, promoting the brand and vision to customers and the public at large.
- Management experience in a high growth, busy 50 + person service focused business.
- Post-secondary education preferred and/ or a proven understanding of success in the service industry.
- Experience with human resourcing and team management.
- Working knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting functions.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees, clientele, and the local community to ensure service requirements and market conditions are anticipated and understood.
- Exceptional conflict resolutions, negotiation, and objection handling skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Positive people skills and excellent oral communication.
- Presentation and marketing experience.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A passion for expanding and exploring the hospitality industry, eye for detail and commitment to product and guest service excellence.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Must be entrepreneurial and have a strong desire to lead, mentor and succeed.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada to be considered. We look forward to reviewing your application!
We thank all those interested, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Remuneration: consummate with experience, $75,000 – $90,000 with bonus.
- Disability insurance
- Company Discounts
- Extended health care
- Double year-round accommodations available
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can Email their Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in your subject line and we look forward to hearing from you. For further information, please call 902-367-3797.