Our client, a local market start-up success story, in the logistic management, warehouse, wholesale and distribution industries. Having experienced rapid growth, the owners recognize external skills and experience are required to take the organization to the next plateau. If you have experience in warehousing, logistic management, wholesale and distribution and are looking for an exciting environment to expand your career success, this may be an opportunity for you.
The position of organization General Manager will require your experience to support the management teams continued growth in a fast-paced environment. Leveraging your experience to examine all aspects of the business while implementing growth-scale policy and procedure enhancements to continue the growth trajectory.
You will be responsible for overall operational management including: maximizing inventory purchasing efficiencies, turns, terms and min/max quantities – by investing capital in a managed and efficient way; tightening receivable exposure and turns, reduce DSO’s, and move clients to more modern and progressive payment vehicles; examine and modify all expense and capital outlay costs from freight, inventory carrying costs, HR; and work toward increasing the overall gross margin and topline success as the firm continues to diversify and expand in a market with many possibilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Analyze financial reports and implement strategies to increase sales, improve productivity, and manage expenses
• Create and nurture business relationships for continued business growth
• Identify problems and solutions relating to products, processes and inventory controls and systems
• Initiate, recommend or provide solutions to management during management reviews
• Lead and motivate team to achieve goals and objectives by providing clear directions and support
• Lead meetings with management teams to discuss business improvement opportunities
• Ensure the facility operates efficiently and safely
• Manage procedures and policies
• Keep customers ahead of everything you do
• Be engaging and put plans into place to encourage the team to improve service at all times
Knowledge & Experience
• Management experience in a wholesale, food services and/or retail business
• Have excellent face to face customer experience,
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain customer relationships
• Experience in managing a large warehouse
• Must be IT literate and familiar with Microsoft packages
To apply: Send your resume to email@example.com with General Manager in the subject line. We thank everyone for your interest; however, only qualified applicants will be contacted