GeneralManager – Manufacturing
Manufacturing – Prince County, PE
Island Recruiting is seeking a highly motivated, experienced General Manager to join our client in Prince County, PEI. This is a full-time position for an energetic person. The right candidate will be enthusiastic and self-motivated; a person with the passion to come to work each day and make a contribution.
• Minimum 5 years of production and or construction supervisory experience of 5-10 employees within a construction/ manufacturing environment;
• Three (3) years of progressive supervisory experience;
• Leadership qualities with a mentoring/ coaching outlook to employee motivation;
• Demonstrated ability to successfully prioritize tasks based on demand and deadlines;
• Understanding the importance of a collaborative approach in interacting with multiple departments (Engineering, Quality, Sales and Purchasing) to achieve production requirements;
• Able to lift 30 – 50 lbs. frequently;
• Able to take direction;
• Willing attitude to learn.
• Has problem-solving work ethic and strong trouble shooting skills;
• Excels in a team environment;
• Detail-oriented and focused;
• Motivated by challenges and solving problems;
• Patient, has a positive attitude and takes pride in their work;
• Establish objectives for the plant and formulate or approve policies and programs;
• Plan, establish and oversee production/construction schedules;
• Implement H&S initiatives and ensure compliance to company standards;
• Maintain and support housekeeping program;
• Manage schedules with clients and hauling companies;
• Ensure preventative maintenance and repairs of all equipment.
In return our client offers a competitive compensation package along with an excellent benefits program.
We invite you to send us your most recent resume for consideration to Jenn at firstname.lastname@example.org with General Manager the subject line.