Description of Position:
Our client is a well-known Island organization that is a front-runner in growing, packaging, and marketing of wild PEI blueberries and other fruits. We are seeking a seasoned Human Resource Professional that is well-suited to be an integral part of their daily operations. This position will require the successful candidate to be able perform the duties of processing documentation and administrating human resource policy, programs and practices in collaboration with our US HR Director. In addition, our client is looking for a candidate who can be successful in planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating and directing daily operations within HR.
Our successful candidate will be responsible for the smooth and profitable operation of the company’s Human Resources Department. In this position, they will be expected provide consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations. Our client is offering a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Day-to-Day tasks for this position would include:
- Researches, proposes, publishes and administers personnel policies
- Prepares, recommends and maintains electronic records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data
- Designs PAF’s and directs the RIM program according to provincial standards and educates all departments on proper procedures
- Liaisons, coordinates & monitors the cost effectiveness of all benefits plans with the plan administrator
- Uses unbiased independent judgment to advise managers, supervisors, and staff on HR issues, practices, policies and labor laws including pending legislation regarding LSA, WCB and other significant governing bodies
- Administers and manages a company community service/donation program specific to PEI and aligned with our US operations.
- Administers company attendance and pay system, safety program, worker’s compensation claims handling and tracking, including data entry and processing for all areas
- Coordinates recruitment efforts with hiring managers, coordinates interview, accepts resumes and applications, leads the interview process and provides guidance with the final decision
- Conducts needs assessment, develops training curriculum and conducts training sessions on various HR topics. Conducts orientation programs.
- Liaison’s with EFORCE and acts as administrator on the EFORCE file
- Collaborates and guides creation of company SOP’s
General Duties of this position:
- Responsible for labor relations
- Providing advice and counsel on personnel issues
- Staying current on recent national and provincial case law changes and monitors labor law updates for changes that affect HR
- Occasionally attends business and charity relations
- Stays active in the entire internal recruitment process for new hires and employees’ leaves
- Improving and promoting professional quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Payroll proficiencies – in payroll processing including entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, titles/department transfers, and all other aspects of payroll and benefit coordination
- Actively promoting and personally observing safety and security procedures
- Encouraging and promoting proper equipment and materials use
Personal Attributes required for this position would include:
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Extensive communication abilities; both oral and written
- Ability to identify and implement conflict resolution strategies
- Excellent collaboration skills within a team environment
- Ability to be a leader within the organization
- Ability to make professional and appropriate decisions and ethical judgment calls
- Excellent organization and planning abilities
Requirements for this position would include:
- Bachelor of Business Administration with a specialization in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or a similar field of study is required
- Additional secondary education, such as a Master’s or Professional Designation, is considered an asset
- 4-6 years experience in a professional business environment is required
- 3-4 years experience in the human resources management field is considered a strong asset
- Training in conflict resolution, facilitation or organizational strategies is considered an asset
- Intermediate or Advanced skills of Microsoft Office Suite
The salary for this position will be determined depending on the successful applicant’s experience, education and qualifications. If you would like to inquire about a salary range and/or the benefits package, please mention this in your completed application Email.
How to Apply:
We thank all who apply for this position, however only successful applicants will be contacted.