In House Supervisor – Autism Care Home
Our client is looking for an In House Supervisor. The ideal candidate will be a service professional, who would work within an assisted living home. The successful applicant will be responsible for day to day living, including cooking nutritional meals, monitoring of medication, organizing outings, and supervising the home. The In House Supervisor is an essential role to our organization, as they represent the core of our “Family Unit” Model of care.
• An understanding of Autism behaviors would be an asset
• Prior experience in a position of similar scope
• Knowledge of computers, specifically knowledge in word, excel, and database systems
• Ability to perform household cleaning tasks (heavy lifting may be required)
• Knowledge of cooking techniques, cooking skills and an ability to follow menus and recipes
• Ability to recognize natural teaching opportunities and embrace them
• Ability to handle personal care tasks with sensitivity and caring
• Ability to understand maladaptive behaviors while maintaining a calm demeanor
• Awareness of and ability to adapt your own leadership style according to the situation at hand, with the knowledge, skill, and ability to recognize motivational patterns in others
• Effective skills in active listening, coaching, and employee supervision
• Must have a high energy level, adaptability, assertiveness, patience, and ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to direct and supervisor other support staff
• Must have a valid driver’s license, as well as a clean driver record
• Criminal Record Clearance
Our ideal candidate will have a background working in a Supported Living Home. Experience working with individuals with ASD would be a tremendous asset. This position requires high energy and excellent organizational skills to juggle schedules and meet the parenting demands of a family unit.
Other attributes considered an asset would be:
• Post Secondary in a Human Services or related Health/Education field preferred.
• Secondary Education in working with psychological development
• Training or certifications in adult education, inclusion and differentiation or a similar field
Knowledge & Abilities required for this position would include:
• Ability to communicate with coworkers, supervisors and residences effectively
• Ability to be patient with residences and/or coworkers
• Ability to make ethical and effective decisions
The job includes and on site, private apartment.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line of your email. Only those who are qualified will be contacted.
Thanks for your interest in this position!