About our Client:
An active contributor to the Island Community, PEI Mutual current employs 16 agents throughout PEI and 32 employees within their Summerside head office and pride themselves on their community involvement across the Island. They support many local including local hospitals, United Way of PEI, Provincial Games and Special Olympics. Not only this, but through their PEI Mutual Educational Trust they provide twenty scholarships annually to Island students every Spring.
Our client is seeking a knowledgeable, professional and hands-on IT Manager for their Summerside office. The internal IT department has been successfully operating for over 20 years, creating countless in-house development programs and systems for the entire organization. The successful candidate will have a strong ability to provide IT consulting to both the IT Department as a whole, and to other PEI Mutual insurance staff and agents. Progressive-thinking and strategic planning abilities are crucial to this role.
General duties of this position would include:
- Managing the current IT staff to delivery of IT infrastructure and application services
- Managing the daily operations of the IT Department
- Internal assistance, maintenance and development in the area(s) of
- System Administration
- Applications; Insurance, Agents, Financial, & Others
- Management and oversight of networks, servers, production-related applications and company mobile applications
- IT Project management
- Understanding and application of IT best practices
- Working with database management systems such as Access and SQL Server
- Researching new solutions to better fit the needs of clients, agents and internal staff
- Managing IT department budgetary activities
- Design, plan and execute disaster recovery activities
- Provide team members with necessary mentorship
- Communicate effectively with internal managers throughout PEI Mutual Insurance company, as well as field agents and executives.
- Strategic planning for future IT initiatives
- Create a teamwork atmosphere within the IT Department in order to best serve the needs of the organization
- Coordinate various IT initiatives with relevant stakeholders
- Long-term focus on the future of the IT Department, in addition to the current operation systems
General Expectations of this position would include:
- Development of long-term and short-term goals, objectives, plans and budgeting
- Communicating to the CEO and CFO on activities and progress regularly and initiating any corrective action needed
- Ensuring the Security of the Company Data, network access and backup systems; preserving assets, information security and control structures
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration
- Ensuring the proper training, coaching and development of all IT department staff.
- Regularly participating in development of Company
- In collaboration with the internal Human Resource supports, interviewing, hiring, training and evaluating performance of and, when necessary, disciplining and discharging direct report staff.
- Ensuring that testing and auditing information systems is conducted and assessing their outcome to ensure they are working as intended
- Perform other functions or special projects assigned to the position to ensure effective and smooth continuity of operations in the best interest of the Company
Interpersonal Skills required for this position would include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Project planning & management
- Experienced in strategic planning with a view to future scalability of the company IT needs
- Strong organizational skills
- Confidence in the leadership role
- Progressive thinker
- Attention to detail
- Strong willingness to learn new skills or training
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Ability to analyze a variety of IT systems and administrative problems
- Excellent technical skills
- Ability to be a positive working member and contributor to the IT Team and organization as a whole
Requirements for this position would include:
- 4-6 years experience within IT field, with focus on systems administration, security, programming and general IT functions
- Demonstrated IT development abilities
- Secondary education in the field of Computer Information Systems or similar
- Experience in management with small-medium sized organizations considered an asset
- Additional certificates in computer sciences and information systems considered an asset
- Demonstrated IT experience that would be considered equal to the above requirements will be assessed accordingly
The salary for this position will depend on the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant.
Please ask us for more details on this position if you are interested. You may send your Resume and Cover Letter to Kalie at Island Recruiting at email@example.com.
** Include the job title in your Email subject line. We thank all who apply, but only those selected for the interviewing process will be contacted.