We are looking for a Legal Assistant to undertake a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in our fast-paced downtown Charlottetown law office. You will work under the supervision of an attorney and will also provide support in assigned legal files. The goal is to sustain efficiency of all office procedures so as to guarantee reliability and consistency.
• Provide administrative support to one or more lawyers
• Effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and partners
• Produce and file various legal documents such as appeals, motions and petitions
• Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate
• Maintain and update inventories of contact details
• Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by keeping multiple agendas and provide timely reminders
• Proven experience as legal secretary, minimum 3-5 years
• Knowledge of legal terminology, regulations and court system
Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Outstanding time-management and typing skills
• Ability to multitask and being comfortable dealing with a diverse pool of people
• Legal Assistant certification or diploma preferred
Salary and Benefits:
$35,000-$40,000 per year, 35 hours per week
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank everyone for your interest in the position; however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.