Our client, an award-winning food product manufacturer, and one of PEI’s top employers, is looking for a Methodical Maintenance Technician to execute mechanical and simple electrical maintenance of our client’s innovative food production plant. In this role you will use an established planned maintenance system to complete routine maintenance on production and facility equipment.
The successful applicant will undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of the plant. Additional duties include:
• Survey the plant and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards;
• Implement preventative maintenance measures;
• Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies;
• Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocols;
• Perform basic maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.);
• Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed;
• Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.); and
• Conduct general upkeep procedures and other tasks as assigned.
Experience and Key attributes:
• High school diploma/GED required;
• Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds unassisted;
• Experienced in operating a variety of equipment, including snow blowers, lawn mowers and small hand tools;
• Effective written and oral communication skills;
• Able to work well with minimal supervision;
• Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures and
• Proven experience and basic understanding of general maintenance processes and tools.
Salary range: $27,000 – $32,000
To apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the job title Maintenance Technician in the subject line. We thank everyone for their interest; however only qualified applicants will be contacted.