If you are interested in relocating to Charlottetown, PE to start your next culinary adventure, this might be the job for you! Our client, the owner of Himalayan Curry is expanding and looking for an experienced Chef specializing in Indian and Nepali Cuisine.
- Manage the preparation of food in a specialized Indian and Nepali kitchen
- Spice preparation
- Creating dishes for clients with special dietary or cultural needs.
- Managing preparation of all entrees
- Menu planning and ordering to ensure low food cost and waste in the kitchen.
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handing of food
- Keep the kitchen and other work areas clean
- Maintain inventory and kitchen records
- Maintaining the correct level of fresh, frozen and dried foods in the store room.
Skills and Experience
- Highly skilled in the preparation of Indian/Nepali cuisine with a minimum of 10 years working in a professional, high volume kitchen
- Skilled multi-tasker
- Work with minimal supervision
- Shift work is required
- Work with specialized cooking equipment, Tandoori oven
- Standing for extending periods
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Superior organizational abilities required
- Industry Certification from a recognized 1 year program
- Apprenticeship training in a recognized 1 year program
$17.00-$20.00 per hour
To apply, send your resume to Kelly at email@example.com with Nepali Chef in the subject line. We look forward to receiving your resume.