The Progressive Conservative Party of PEI is seeking a highly motivated individual who will perform a variety of administrative duties in support of the Field Organizer and PC Party Provincial Executive.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized, courteous, reliable, have a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism. They must demonstrate good technical, interpersonal, and communication skills with a strong customer focus. They must have strong problem-solving skills and be able to work autonomously with a high level of discretion. Must be bondable and have a valid driver’s license and a dependable vehicle.
General Duties of this Position would include:
- Ability to perform high level office administrative skills such as accounting (Receivables, payables, receipts, monthly biannual, and year end reconciliations for party and districts in preparation for audits)
- Assist the field organizer with office administration duties such as managing social media accounts, sending emails to membership; assisting with fundraising activities; and coordinating and supervising volunteers
- Co-ordinate flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
- Relay emails, phone calls and messages and follow up when required
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Determine and establish office procedures
- Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to appropriate contact
- Supervise and train office staff/volunteers in procedures and current software
- Ability to work extended hours when needed
- Attend meetings with party executives and take minutes when required.
- Ability to travel to events across PEI when/as needed
Education and Experience Required:
- Completion of university degree or college program within the fields of business administration, public administration, marketing or a similar field
- 7-10 years experience in coordinating multiple projects ranging from day to day administration tasks to spearheading initiatives
- 2-4 years experience in managing day to day accounting (GL, AR/AP) and general office expenses
- 5+ years in administration – including filing, office organisation, creation and delivery of mass communications
- Strong command of written and spoken English. French language considered an asset
Please send Cover Letter and resume to Kalie at Island Recruiting on or before the closing date of February 7th, 2020. We thank all those that apply, but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Kalie’s Contact is as follows: