http://busingers.ca/wp-json/wp/v2/media/232 Island Recruiting is seeking experienced applicants to join our client; a municipality located in PEI.
Batang Berjuntai The responsibility of this position is to review and make recommendations to the Planning Board, Heritage Board, Design Review Committee and Council on zoning and development, and related enforcement matters within a city. The incumbent will also assist with the development of policy on current and long-range planning matters as well as provide planning advice on special projects.
buy accutane online canada pharmacy
This role reports to the Manager of Planning and works closely with all members of the Planning and Heritage Department. You will develop and maintain working relationships with departmental managers, supervisors, and all employees to assist with Planning related functions. Your job relates to Council through the Manager of Planning and the Director of Corporate Services as well as directly through various Standing Committees. You will develops and maintain relationships with service providers, external agencies, consultants and associated professional groups and deal with the public with integrity and in a professional and courteous manner.
ROLE FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITES:
- Interprets and explains the Official Plan, Zoning & Development By-law, Planning Act, and other relevant planning instruments to assist clients and to process development applications.
- As a committed member of the City of Charlottetown team, the Planner I will act as a positive role model for all employees throughout the organization.
- Responds to project inquiries and correspondence from the general public, developers, and members of the legal community.
- Reviews building permit applications as well as other permit applications to ensure compliance with City policies and regulations. Where necessary, conducts site investigations to determine compliance with regulations.
- Reviews, evaluates, and processes applications for subdivisions, lot consolidations, By-law amendments, re-zoning applications, variances, and site plans.
- Prepares and processes Official Plan and Zoning & Development By-law amendments, including the preparation of all material necessary for public hearings.
- Provides formal recommendations on land use matters and delivers presentations to the Planning Board and City Council.
- Acts as an administrative advisor to Council, Planning Board, Heritage Board and Design Review Committee and, where necessary, attends and represents these bodies at meetings.
- Reviewing site plans, landscape plans, and design drawings to ensure that they meet urban design criteria.
- Performs other related duties, responsibilities, or functions as assigned.
REQUESTED QUALIFICATIONS: two (2) years of experience as a Planner in a municipal environment. • A recognized post-secondary degree or diploma in Urban Planning in a program recognized by the Canadian Institute of Planners. • An equivalent combination of education experience may be considered.
BENEFITS + HOW TO APPLY
This role is generously compensated within a range of $63,201.25 – $74,354.73, and is eligible for salary increases of 2% annually for the next two years with fantastic benefits inclusive with heath, dental, LTD and travel insurance.
Please apply for this role by sending your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.