Qualifying individuals must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment. We are in a rapidly evolving industry and we are growing quickly, therefore this team member must be flexible with helping in other areas as needed. The ability to learn quickly and react to change is viewed as a very strong asset.
Minimum qualifications are as follows:
• Secondary (high) school graduation diploma or equivalent experience.
• Horticulture/agriculture education or experience is a requirement
• Experience in related field is considered an asset
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment
• Ability to work independently and safely
• Knowledge of products and services offered
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced learning environment
• WHMIS certification is considered an asset
• First Aid and CPR certification is considered an asset
Regular duties include;
• Cannabis plant care
• Facility cleaning and sanitation
• Precedence and accordance with Canada’s Island Garden regulations
• General production and processing duties
• Communicating with coworkers on a regular basis
• Daily operating procedures
• Product management
• Maintaining inventory and products
• Effective problem-solving
• Managing and proactively solving any production issues that may occur
• **Other duties as required
Salary and Benefits
Wage: $15/hour – $18/hour (depending on experience)
Hours: Permanent position (8:00am – 4:30pm) 40 hours/week, December-April
(7:00am – 3:30pm) 40/week, May-November
The successful applicant will be entitled to join our shared medical benefits plan, as well as a set number of vacation and sick days annually. More information on the medical benefits plan can be given during the interview process.
The successful candidate will be outgoing, organized and have strong oral and written communication skills. He or she will work well in a team environment, be client focused, punctual, and look forward to working in an exciting new industry. Not only this, but the applicant must be able to work independently and efficiently throughout daily operations.
The successful candidate must have a valid government issued ID, as well as a completed criminal record background check. The candidate may also be subject to provide a criminal record check to Canada’s Island Garden Human Resource department.
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
MS Office, MS Word
How to apply:
If interested in this position, please send resumés to: email@example.com