Seeking psychiatrists for a leading healthcare provider in Atlantic Canada to provide full scope of psychiatric services! We offer part time, full time, temporary and permanent opportunities.
Psychiatrists will evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients with mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders, develop treatment plans, prescribe medication, and evaluate treatment results.
They can work in a variety of settings including hospitals, private practices, clinics, and nursing homes.
Candidates may choose between a salary, contract for service or a fee-for-service payment.
Salary ranges from $210,000 annually + benefits to $ 250,000 annually + benefits and contract for service payment ranges from $ 230,000 annually to $ 260,000 annually. Full-time for a salaried specialist is 37.5 hours per week minimum, while full-time contract-for-service is based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
cenforce professional Incentives & Benefits
Qualified and licensable candidates may be eligible for a return in service grant of $80,000 (with a 4 year commitment)!
- Relocation expenses up to $10,000 available for full time positions.
- Opportunity to teach in the Regional Residency Training Program with faculty appointment.
- Electronic patient record system with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Permanent candidates qualify for dental care, extended healthcare, and vision care.
- Lucrative incentives for locum physicians are available.
Qualifications & Certifications
FRCPC or eligibility for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification.
- Eligibility for licensure with the Local College of the Regional Healthcare Provider.
- Appointment to the Regional Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
- US and eligible international boards are acceptable.
- Psychiatrists with an interest or fellowship in the following areas would be considered an asset: Emergency Department, Consultant Liaison, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Addictions, and Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Work experience or references within the medical field is considered an asset.
General duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Referring a patient for psychological testing to determine a diagnosis and its severity.
- Recommending and designing a treatment plan.
- Talking to the patients about their problems to try to resolve them (psychotherapy or talk therapy).
- Exploring the patients’ past experiences to learn how they affect their current state of mind and behavior (psychoanalysis).
- Helping patients change their thought processes and behavior (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT).
- Prescribing medication that can alter chemical imbalances affecting the patient’s state of mind and behavior.
Please, contact Island Recruiting by sending resumes to email@example.com