Qualifying individuals must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment. We are in a rapidly evolving industry and we are growing quickly, therefore this team member must be flexible with helping in other areas as needed. The ability to learn quickly and react to change is viewed as a very strong asset.
Minimum qualifications are as follows:
• (High) school graduation diploma or equivalent experience.
• University or college diploma/degree in science or related field is required
• Secondary education and/or experience in a related field is considered an asset
• Attention to detail
• Experience with technology is considered a strong asset
• Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment
• Ability to work independently and safely
• Knowledge of products and services offered
• Comfortable working and adapting in a fast-paced learning environment
• WHMIS certification is considered an asset
• First Aid and CPR certification is considered an asset
Regular duties include;
• Developing and conducting production, inventory and quality assurance programs
• Collecting and compiling operational or experimental data
• Collecting and analyzing product samples
• Developing procedural approaches for the growing process
• Reviewing day to day operations to ensure compliance with industry regulations
• Assigning controls for handling machines and equipment
• Maintenance of inventory and inventory control procedures
• Analyzing and updating SOP’s to improve efficiency
• **Additional duties as required
Salary and Benefits
Starting salary: $40,000, with bi-weekly instalments
Hours: Permanent position (8:00am – 4:30pm) 40 hours/week: December-April
(7:00am – 3:30pm) 40/week: May-November
The successful applicant will be entitled to join our shared medical benefits plan, as well as a set number of vacation and sick days annually. More information on the medical benefits plan can be given during the interview process.
The successful candidate will be outgoing, organized and have strong oral and written communication skills. He or she will work well in a team environment, be client focused, punctual, and look forward to working in an exciting new industry. Not only this, but the applicant must be able to work independently and efficiently throughout daily operations.
The successful candidate must have a valid government issued ID, as well as a completed criminal record background check. The candidate may also be subject to provide a criminal record check to Canada’s Island Garden Human Resource department.
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
MS Office, MS Word
How to apply:
If interested in this position, please send resumés to: email@example.com