December 3rd, 2021
Seeking full-time permanent registered nurses (RN) for a leading healthcare provider in Atlantic Canada to provide full scope of nursing services!
RN provide direct nursing care to patients, deliver health education, and provide consultative services regarding issues relevant to the practice of nursing.
Salary ranges from $36.00 – $43.52 hourly depending on experience with full-time hours per week. Registered nurses are typically eligible for overtime pay.
Incentives & Benefits
Successful external applicants are eligible to receive a $5,000 financial incentive through the Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program. Up to $10,000 in Relocation Assistance may also be available at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Qualifications & Certifications
University degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Must be actively registered, or eligible to obtain a license with the College of Registered Nurses within the region.
- Successful completion of the NCLEX exam, or currently in the process of taking the exam.
- Must have First Aid and Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification, or eligible and willing to obtain these as required.
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation.
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check prior to beginning employment.
- Experience in long term care is preferred, however general hospital/healthcare experience and references are considered an asset.
- Additional secondary education and training in the healthcare field is also considered an asset.
General duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Implement physicians’ orders, administer medications, start IVs, perform treatments, procedures and special tests, and document treatment as required by company policy and local rules and regulations.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ conditions.
- Assess and evaluate patients’ needs for, and responses to, care rendered.
- Provide direction, support, and delegation to Licensed/Registered Practical Nurses and unlicensed Field employees as appropriate.
- Apply sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- Provide primary and emergency care for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Administer over the counter and prescription medications as ordered.
- Collaborate with the nursing team to create a Plan of Care for all patients.
- Direct and guide ancillary personnel and maintain standards of professional nursing.
Please, contact Island Recruiting by sending resumes to hire@islandrecruiting.