Job Description: The Mount’s Community Care Facility is currently seeking experienced and reliable registered nurses that are passionate towards their role as a caregiver and medical professional. Their organization is a well-established, professional facility that can provide employees with a high-quality work atmosphere, along with various personal wellness and lifestyle benefits. They are one of the Island’s fastest-growing centers for inter-generational services and facilities throughout all platforms. The organizational culture is heavily centered around the importance of health and wellness for their incredible employees and allowing opportunities for flexibility between home and work is a great contribution to this. They also offer an employee benefits package that includes various discounts and prices for access to the newly established child-care center, health and wellness fitness center (Synergy Fitness), and brand-new educational facility, The Mount Academy. These benefits not only promote affordable health, fitness and education to our individual employees, but to their children, spouses, partners, and family as well.
This position offers a full benefits package.
The Registered Nurse provides skilled nursing services to ensure safe and effective care for the residents under the direction of the Director of Nursing. They work collaboratively with other members of the interdisciplinary team and have a supervisory role with care staff. They are responsible and accountable for their actions and practicing within their scope of practice, the RN code of ethics and RN Standards for Nursing Practice, LTC Clinical Standards, nursing department policies, procedures and their mission, vision, values, and Person-Centered Care Philosophy.
- Completion of a university, college, or other approved registered nursing program is required. (Foreign Applications Accepted!)
- Registration with the Association of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island
- Valid first aid and CPR
- Criminal record check
- Ability to work as a team member and ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Vaccination and inoculation required
- Must have the ability to transfer, reposition, and lift residents as needed
- Standing for an extended period. Must be able to bend, squat, sit, kneel, twist, reach, crouch, and turn
- Experience in a long-term care environment is an asset
- Rotating shifts between 4 and 12 hours.
- Rotating shifts including days, evenings, weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Neighborhoods will consist of 15-19 residents.
- Frequent interaction with residents, family members, and the public.
Daily Duties of the RN:
- Will establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with all residents, family members, volunteers, and care colleagues
- Uses comprehensive assessment, critical inquiry, technology, and research to provide competent nursing services relevant to Gerontological nursing
- Uses current theoretical knowledge and professional judgment, critical inquiry, and reflection in making decisions and implements actions relevant to the needs of the resident and family
- Conducts/ensures a holistic needs assessment of each resident
- Demonstrates respect for team members’ observations/opinions related to resident care
- Develops, evaluates, and regularly updates the plan of care for each resident
- Oversees and ensures the implementation of the plan of care
- Provides direct nursing care (including screening, monitoring of chronic diseases, health maintenance, counseling, treatments, etc.)
- Monitors resident care to ensure standards are met
General Duties of the RN:
- Creates a learning environment that supports professional development and life-long learning
- Provides continuing education within their area of expertise to nurses and other health care providers
- Acts as a preceptor and mentor to both students and practitioners new to the field of Long-Term Care
- Utilizing evidence-based practice process to make and evaluate best practice decisions
- Seeking the expertise and guidance of others and considering resident preferences in selecting and implementing best practice
- Participating in nursing and interdisciplinary research related to gerontology and related fields
- Has an awareness of own values and ethical priorities and how they may impact on his/her own practice
- Maintains standards of practice in keeping with provincial and national nursing association directions, guidelines, and code of ethics
- Articulates and promotes the role of the nurse in Long Term Care within the nursing profession
- Promotes and maintains effective interpersonal and inter-professional relationships by listening actively and communicating directly and assertively
- Seeks to resolve conflict in a respectful manner.
- Participates in continuing education to meet identified learning needs relevant to Long Term Care
Salary: Permanent Position: $34.85/hr – please contact for Casual position details