Island Recruiting is currently searching for a Registered Nurse to join our client, The Mount, a long term care facility, in Charlottetown, PEI. The Registered Nurse, works in accordance with the philosophy, procedures, and policies of our client, and under the direction of the Director of Nursing, providing skilled nursing services to ensure safe, effective care for the residents.
• Assess residents to identify appropriate nursing interventions;
• Collaborate with members of an interdisciplinary health care team to plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate resident care in consultation with residents and their families;
• Administer medications and treatments according to the care plan, or as prescribed by a physician or according to established policies and protocols;
• Monitor the ongoing physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of each resident;
• Monitor, assess, address, document and report symptoms and changes in residents’ conditions;
• Supervise LPNs, RCWs, RAs, volunteers, and other staff;
• Transfer, lift, and reposition residents;
• Make necessary arrangements for resident transfers to hospitals or other community services;
• Interview the resident and/or family members to develop and implement personal care plans upon resident admission;
• Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality; and
• Other duties as required.
Education and Experience
• Completion of a university, college or other approved registered nursing program is required.
• Registration with the Association of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island
• Valid first aid and CPR
• Criminal record check
• Rotating shifts between 4 and 12 hours.
• Rotating shifts including days, evenings, weekends, nights and holidays.
• Neighborhoods will consist of 15-18 residents.
• Frequent interaction with residents, family members, and the public.
• Ability to work as a team member and ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Vaccination and inoculation required
• Must have the ability to transfer, reposition, and lift residents as needed
• Standing for extended period of time. Must be able to bend, squat, sit, kneel, twist, reach, crouch, and turn
• Experience in a long-term care environment is an asset
Rate of pay:
• $34.85/hour full time
To apply, please submit your resume with Registered Nurse on the subject line to Kelly at email@example.com