Island Recruiting is currently searching for 2 Shift Supervisors to join our client, located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. Reporting directly to the GM, the Shift Supervisors will oversee a variety of manufacturing activities with a focus on meeting production targets. This position is responsible for the safety and productivity of all production employees staffed on designated shift. Additionally, the Shift Supervisor position is accountable for ensuring that production scheduled for completion is executed in a timely manner and within all quality parameters and daily reporting.
The shift supervisor will supervise a 12-hour rotating shift 7:00 am – 7:00 pm.
- Ensure the safety and productivity of all employees assigned to designated shift.
- Enforce all processing procedures.
- Enable effective communications between management and operators.
- Train new employees and coach existing employees.
- Maintain a clean and safe work place in accordance company SOP’s and GMP’s.
- Investigate and report all incidents (spills, accidents, poor performance).
- Manufacture and pack products as necessary.
- Suggest and implement cost saving ideas.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Assist with inventory management of Raw materials, WIP and finished goods.
Key Skills/Work Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to motivate others to meet demands established by the schedule.
- Good oral and written communication skills – Basic math skills – critical thinking.
- The Shift Supervisor is responsible for setting high standards to reach production goals.
- Ensure that higher quantities produced do not compromise quality.
- Previous team lead, supervisory experience in production environments.
- True Team player with positive attitude.
- Must be able to operate line equipment.
- Must show proficiency in the operation of all necessary equipment.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shift.
To apply, please submit your resume to Jenn at email@example.com with Shift Supervisor in the subject line.