Our client is searching for a Standards Advisor who is responsible for conducting comprehensive and accurate annual inspections, property evaluations of commercial facilities within PEI and working independently through the Spring and Summer seasons. Our successful candidate will provide excellence customer service to clients, accurate information for standards advisement, and leverage technology in making their inspection process more efficient.
The Standards Advisor will preferably have experience in providing high-quality property evaluations/appraisals. Inspections will be in strict accordance with the criteria and procedures set out by provincial regulations.
- Job Term: Full-time, Seasonal (Spring-Fall 2021)
- Hours: 37.5-40 hours per week
- Location: Charlottetown; Cavendish; Prince County; Kings County (Island Wide)
- Required: Ability to travel to various locations in PEI throughout
- Employment Wage: DOE
General duties of this position would include:
- Conduct comprehensive and accurate property evaluations, according to the established policies and procedures
- Complete scoring and necessary written reports for each property evaluation and inspection prior to the end of each day
- Promptly submit scoring and written report for each property inspection or evaluation for review
- Respond promptly to all inquiries, concerns, complaints or recommendations from properties, or prospects
- Liaise with the immediate supervisor, as required, for follow-up, discussion, scheduling, etc.
- Keeping up-to-date and accurate knowledge for all aspects of inspections, as well as other pertinent legislation
- Attend training sessions prior to deployment into field
- Ensure that all deadlines, schedules, and appointments are promptly kept
- Protect the confidentiality of all information received and acquired by the office concerning each property inspection and evaluation, and to refrain from disclosing confidential information, except as required by law. This obligation of confidentiality continues after termination of employment
- Represent the organization in a professional manner, consistently exercising mature judgement and honest, ethical behavior
Day to Day Duties:
- Traveling to various locations across PEI to conduct inspections and evaluations
- Traveling in order to complete property evaluations and inspections
- Maintain comprehensive travel and expense records, according to established policies and procedures
- Devote the time, energy, and personal resources necessary to complete all duties and responsibilities in a thorough, efficient, and effective manner
- Other duties as from time to time may become necessary
Requirements for this position would include:
- 2-3 years of related work experience
- Team player mentality with excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated confidence in the leadership role, professional communication abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Extensive travel is involved within a region requiring a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Possess tact and diplomacy in all dealings and interpersonal relations with clients and colleagues
- Post-secondary education in related field will be considered a strong asset
- Excellent computer abilities skills including:
- Using database software
- Strong typing speed, accuracy & use of short-cuts
- Word processing skills are essential
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can email their Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you. For further information, please call 902-367-3797.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.