If you are interested in relocating to Charlottetown, PE to start your next culinary adventure, this might be the job for you! Our client, the owner of Himalayan Curry is expanding and looking for an experienced Tandoori Chef.
- Manage Tandoori preparation in kitchen
- Spice preparation
- Create dishes for clients with special dietary or cultural needs.
- Manage preparation of all entrees.
- Menu planning and ordering to ensure low food cost and waste in the kitchen.
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food.
- Keep the kitchen and other work areas clean
- Maintain inventory and kitchen records
- Maintain the correct level of fresh, frozen and dried foods in the store room.
Skills and Experience
- Highly skilled in the preparation of Indian/Nepali cuisine with a minimum of 10 years working in a professional, high volume kitchen.
- Expert in Tandoor chicken / Naan bread with a minimum of 10 years working in a Tandoori kitchen environment.
- Work with specialized cooking equipment, Tandoori oven
- Standing for extending periods
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Skilled multitasker
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Superior organizational abilities required
$17.00-$20.00 per hour
To apply, send your resume to Kelly at email@example.com with Tandoori Chef in the subject line. We look forward to receiving your resume.