In The past, the company was well known in the glass industry for performing Commercial and Industrial employment. In October 2010, they moved to their new 30,000 square foot location in Borden-Carleton, just off the Confederation Bridge. The new shop has many new pieces of equipment, which allows them to produce many new products, which had only been available from outside of the Atlantic Provinces previously. They manufacture tempered glass, insulated glass units, commercial windows, entrances, and storefront systems.
- Reporting to Operational Managers
- Setting up, operating and supervising tend heating equipment; heat-treating furnaces, flame-hardening machines and soaking pits etc.
- Quality control of products and machinery
- Ensuring equipment is operating properly
- Imputing and confirming data, orders and processing operations
- Creating specified plans to optimize production
- Supervising and assisting other staff where required
- Unloading raw materials
- Working in a high-energy. Fast-paced environment
- Assisting with any problems that may arise within the organization
- Read and interpret Manufacturing Process Sheets ( M.P.S.) for proper instructions. Follow instructions from supervisor/foreman.
- Verification of measurement equipment & calibration
- Visual Inspection
- Use correct measurement method as instructed to be used in assessing the quality requirement of the component
- Other related duties such as deburring, polishing, drilling etc.
- Respect health and safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties as required
Interpersonal abilities required:
- Strong willingness to learn
- Strong time management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication abilities
- Appropriate knowledge of daily operating procedures and requirements of this positions
- Ability to take direction from director supervisors
Requirements for this position:
- Experience with heavy equipment and/or materials
- Experience with glass manufacturing machines and technologies
- Experience within the labour industry
- Experience with commercial equipment and supplies
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work independently
- Experience within a similar environment considered a strong asset
- Certifications, training, or coursework in a related field considered an asset
Physical and Training Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs
- Physically capable of performing job duties
- Training will be provided in-house
Work Term & salary:
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM operating hours
- Full-time hours per week
- Over time as required
Wage Range and Benefit Options
- $16.00 – $18.00 DOE
- Health coverage after probation period (3 months)
- Pension plan offered after probation period
All interested applicants can forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this position.
Call island Recruiting at 902-367-3797 for more information.