About our Client:
Founded in 2010 by Nick Waddell, Cantech Letter is an online magazine focusing on Canadian technology, stocks, and financial markets. The site has grown into one of Canada’s most popular and respected financial sites and was described by Canadian Business Magazine as “one of Canada’s premier technology newsletters.” Cantech Letter is focused on those companies listed on the TSX and TSXV Technology, Cleantech, and Life Sciences Sectors. They cover the portion of the public market of the Canadian innovation sector (Infotech, Cleantech, Biotech Stocks). With over 175,000 subscribers in Canada and around the Globe, Cantech’s readers include retail investors and market professionals.
Cantech is seeking a motivated, driven, and independent individual with a passion and interest in professional writing and journalism. This position will be an entry-level role with guidance from leadership providing excellent training, orientation, and invaluable exposure to the journalism industry.
Reporting to the Editor; general duties include:
- Provide executive summaries of published articles for the Editor
- Operate on an assignment basis; the Editor assigns article ideas and content
- Create and assemble news stories that will interest audiences
- Read press releases, research articles
- Provide a professional level writing ability to each assignment
- Thoroughly review and revise content, ensuring grammar and formatting is consistent
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with sources
- Condense large amounts of information down to a single, shorter piece
- Write, edit, and submit drafts
- On average, complete five articles of roughly 800 words per day
- Stay up to date with privacy, contempt, and defamation law
- Liaise with editors, designers, and photographers
- Post-Secondary education within the field of Journalism, English, or related
- Demonstrated experience in a professional writing environment
- Demonstrate proficiency at fundamental pieces and journalistic skill
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Relevant work experience gained through published articles, freelance work, writing competitions, or voluntary work is an asset
- Knowledge of public markets is an asset
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Presenting skills
- Willingness to learn
- Job Term: Contract: Full-Time is available depending on performance
- Number of positions: 1
- Wage: $15-$17/ hr
- Working hours: 37.5 hours /week
- Location: Flexible. The successful applicant will have the option of working remotely or in the office part-time if preferred.
How to Apply:
Apply TODAY if you feel your qualifications, passion and experience directly correlate to this role!
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration. The deadline for the application is June 30th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.