The Greater Summerside Chamber of Commerce is seeking a full-time permanent Executive Director. The Chamber has been supporting business for over one hundred and twenty years, working to grow the business community, advocate for business related issues and a create a vibrant economy where the community can thrive.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is a senior leadership role in the Summerside business community tasked with directing the chamber staff, activities and presence amongst members and community stakeholders. It is the Director’s responsibility to execute on the board’s strategic plan, mission and objectives while working with members, board of directors, staff, volunteers, government, and partners. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the delivery of all programs and services, membership growth, membership retention, budgets, daily operations, community, public relations and ensuring positive cash-flow while meeting the needs of the organization.
This is a dynamic opportunity for a self-directed leader who has the passion and commitment to get things done, to support business growth and to better the Summerside community. If you are looking to support the growth of a vibrant business community, this is an environment you will thrive in.
Bačka Topola Responsibilities
General duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivering on the organization’s mission and values, while being a trusted and positive voice for the local business community,
- Executing and assisting with an annual strategic and operational plan to achieve a positive impact in the community,
- Reporting to the Board of Directors to develop and implement the Chamber’s short and long-term objectives and to make decisions on allocation of resources,
- Being responsive to board direction and executing on requested actions to ensure the Chamber mandate is achieved,
- Planning, organizing, and overseeing daily operations of the Chamber,
- Monitoring and reporting on a regular basis,
- Maintaining operational cashflow and ensuring organizations financial growth,
- Budget management in cooperation with the Board of Directors,
- Managing, training, and developing chamber staff, contractors, and volunteers to ensure objectives are met,
- Building trust within the community, developing relationships with membership and keeping members informed on Chamber’s activities and recommendations.
- Leadership and Advocacy
- Consultation and Collaboration
- Empowerment and Connection
- Supportive and Resourceful
- Community-Minded and Positive
- Integrity and Accountability
- University degree in business administration, or related experience is considered an asset,
- Minimum 5 years of management background and/or board-related experience,
- Experience in strategic planning, budget management and finance, managing staff, and/or event management,
- Self-directed but familiar with board reporting structure,
- Organizational skills and an ability to multitask,
- Efficient, resourceful, and dependable,
- Knowledge of the Summerside business area is an asset.
Salary expectation is between $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 annually based on education and experience. The remuneration package includes incentives to achieve Chamber targets, and benefits include health, RRSP and auto allowance.
Flexible work environment based on 37.5 hours per week.
Please, contact the Greater Summerside Chamber of Commerce by sending resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.