Freshstone Brands, Charlottetown
Job Term: Permanent, Full-time
Location: West Royalty
Availability: 1 Vacancy
Freshstone Brands Charlottetown – Keybrand Foods, founded in 1963, is a premier manufacturer of high-quality prepared foods products that services the retail, foodservice, and co-manufacturing channels. Our products include branded and private label salads. We operate three modern manufacturing facilities strategically located in PEI, Ontario, and Saskatchewan to offer superior service to all regions of Canada and the Northern United States. Freshstone Brands is the premier manufacturer of refrigerated fresh prepared salads in Canada. Our facilities are CFIA recognized, are equipped with micro labs, and have been HACCP certified since 1998.
Freshstone Brands Charlottetown is 32000 Sq ft and has more than 20 employees.
Freshstone Brands is looking forward to welcoming a motivated, reliable Sanitation Worker to join their team!
General duties of this position would include:
- Cleaning and Sanitizing of processing area and equipment.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing of other areas of the facility.
- Read and follow documented procedures and record specific data as required.
- Ensure a clean work environment that meets quality standards.
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Requirements for this position would include:
- Basic verbal and written English language skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge and understanding of GMP and SSOP.
- PC skills and good knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually to keep pace with and complete tasks within prescribed timelines.
- Mechanical aptitude is preferred; training will be provided.
- Is available for shifts as required (no restrictions).
Salary & Benefit
- Pay rate: $14.34/hr and 4% vacation pay.
- Benefits: After three months, permanent employees are enrolled in Canada Life insurance package.
- Schedule will vary between peak season (June to August) and slow season:
- Peak season: 8 to 9 hrs per shift.
- Slow season: 6 to 8 hrs per shift.
- In an 8hr shift the staff get 2 x 15min paid break and a 30min unpaid lunch break.
- Evening shifts, usually 5:00pm till 2:00am depending on the schedule.
- Weeknights , occasional Saturdays.
- Weight lifting: up to 50 kg of product or boxes.
- Fast paced Sanitation operations.
- For food production requirement, it’s between 9-12 degree in the plant.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can Email their Resume to email@example.com . Please include the job title in your subject line and we look forward to hearing from you.
We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.